CAS-ERP Data Integration Forum
Welcome to the CAS-ERP Data Integration Forum
Liaison, in partnership with their hosted Centralized Application Systems (CAS), has created an CAS-ERP Data Integration Committee comprised of individuals using some of the major ERP systems (Banner, PeopleSoft) - we are still looking for individuals using Datatel and Jenzabar to join the committee - to improve, and to respond to questions about, CAS-ERP data integration within all programs and schools participating in any CAS and to provide guidance for those programs and schools who are contemplating CAS membership. Read more

October 18, 2017, 02:17:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Grown ERPs  (Read 6684 times)
Bevo

« on: December 22, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »

UT-Austin College of Pharmacy is hoping to implement PharmCAS in June, 2012. I was wondering if there were any other schools with non-vendor ERPs that have done this implementation? As I understand it, PharmCAS does not provide TEST datasets. How did you deal with writing your import with no TEST data? Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
Deno Tufares, Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »

Even though we are a Banner school, I would think that testing would be the same.  We always use real data in our test database instance...

Hopet this helps
Bevo

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:49:25 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

We're having a timing issue with using real data. We won't go live until June, but we need to be working on our integration piece now (Jan) so that it will be ready in June. Since we're writing our own integration piece, it's going to take some time to translate all the codes and get all the data lined up/formatted correctly. Getting actual data from the PharmADMIT system in the actual format that we will be using is critical.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:51:19 PM by Bevo » Logged
Deno Tufares, Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 07:50:50 AM »

Just make sure that you build and test your code in a test database - you should then have no problems
Bevo

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »

Deno- that's my exact problem. I won't have test data to test my test database with while I'm developing it. :-)
Jerome Giudicelli
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »

Bevo,

We do provide data with the Data Dictionary for PharmCAS.
Last year we provided a draft in early April and the final copy by late April.

What is your timeline?

Jerome Giudicelli
Director of Product Strategy and Design
Liaison International
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: