CAS-ERP Data Integration Forum
Welcome to the CAS-ERP Data Integration Forum
Liaison, in partnership with their hosted Centralized Application Systems (CAS), has created an CAS-ERP Data Integration Committee comprised of individuals using some of the major ERP systems (Banner, PeopleSoft) - we are still looking for individuals using Datatel and Jenzabar to join the committee - to improve, and to respond to questions about, CAS-ERP data integration within all programs and schools participating in any CAS and to provide guidance for those programs and schools who are contemplating CAS membership. Read more

August 23, 2017, 12:34:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Integrating Oracle's Admission Application Web Services (AAWS) with SOPHAS?  (Read 8283 times)
jpazhai

« on: November 01, 2011, 12:40:01 PM »

Hi,
My name is Jolly Pazhai. I work for Graduate School of Public Health (GSPH) at University of Pittsburgh as a data manager. Part of my responsibility is to download applicant data from SOPHAS, use the .mdb file from the download and a Visual Basic program to convert the mdb file into a PeopleSoft (PS) compatible .txt file and then upload it to PS using a PS program. There is only one PS interface/layout available for the entire university to use. This layout is primarily is based on Apply Yourself. Since SOPHAS data is quite different than Apply Yourself data, I would like to use something else (AAWS maybe) and make it easy to upload SOPHAS data to PS. Has anyone tried to implement AAWS with SOPHAS data?

Jolly Pazhai
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:11:07 PM by jpazhai » Logged
jpazhai

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »

I just learned about SOPHAS plan to use Webadmit in near future. Since Webadmit is a web based service and Admission Application Web Services (AAWS) is also a web based service, I am wondering if these two could be integrated.
Link to webadmit is as follows: http://academicsoftwareplus.com/products/webadmit
Link to AAWS user guide is as follows: http://www.lee.edu/itt/pdf/CS9Bundle18_UserDoc/AAWS%20Users%20Guide.pdf
Link to AAWS developers guide is as follows: http://www.lee.edu/itt/pdf/CS9Bundle18_UserDoc/AAWS%20Developers%20Guide.pdf
Mark Nelson

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »

Greetings jpazhai - AAWS would be an excellent solution to loading either SOPHAS or WEBADMT data; specifically incorporating the File Parser tool from Oracle.  I have not heard if anyone has successfully created the mapping via File Parser yet.  I know that Oracle has mapped the Common App through this tool, and they will be demoing that process at the Higher Education User Group meeting in Nashville in 2012.  Have you tried the Oracle list serve as another option to seek others that may be mapping this process now?  Best regards, Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: